ES622 Series TLP Pulsed IV-Curve System (External Modules Available for HMM, HBM, MM) DATASHEET (PDF)
The model ES622 Series TLP Pulsed IV-Curve System is an advanced IV-curve characterization system designed to simulate ESD events (TLP/ VF-TLP/ HMM/ HBM/MM pulse) and monitor a device (semiconductors, discrete, circuit modules, etc.) in high power time domain. The ES622 has a higher specification, more functionality, greater expansion capability and better software experience compared to the previous model ES620 and ES621.
The TLP (transmission line pulse) test function is designed to meet the latest ANSI/ESD STM5.5.1 test standard and applies high quality rectangular pulses to devices and records both the voltage across and current through the device. This gives pulsed IV curves, allowing users to characterize a device’s transient response over ns time windows. Advanced automatic device failure detection methods are incorporated, such as DC Spot Check (V or I), Static IV curve, Fuse, Breakdown, and Bias Source Fluctuation.
The VF-TLP test is designed to simulate the CDM speed ESD event and captures the voltage across the DUT and current through the DUT under a high speed (such as <100 ps rise-time) ESD transient. This allows the user to study the response speed and peak clamping voltage of a device.
The HMM (Human Metal Model) test function is an alternative test method to IEC61000-4-2 system level ESD. It gives the equivalent waveform to an ideal standard waveform for low ohm devices and eliminates many IEC gun test problems for components or wafer level tests, such as repeatability, imprecision gun tip, impedance mismatches, EMI interferences from unshielded relays and special setup with large ground plane and coupling plane etc.
- Most configurable TLP Pulsed IV-Curve System
- Ultra-Compact Design System
- Fast test speed with multi-thread processing
- 20 A, 40A, 50 A, 100 A, 125A, 150 A models are available (Customization available)
- Advanced system and accessory monitor and control in software available
(switch lifespan monitor, E-Cal module, oscilloscope attenuation adjustment)
- Test Function Expandable with vf-TLP, HMM, HBM, MM options
- Multiple automatic failure detection methods
(DC spot check (V or I) or IV sweep, fuse, breakdown, and bias current change)
- Software controlled pulsing: Burst, Continuous, IV-Curve Characterization
- Rise-Time options from 40 ps to 1200 ns *(depends on model, customization available)
- Pulse-Width options from 1 ns to 2000 ns *(depends on model, customization available)
Note*: Longer pulse applications are supported by EOS series with pulse width from few hundred of ns to few ms.
- ESD performance characterization
- Wafer/ package level ESD test
- System / circuit module ESD test
- Safe operation area (SOA) test
- Charge recovery time test
- Solar panel diode characterization
- Touchscreen ITO trace fuse and breakdown test
- TLP / VF-TLP option meets ANSI/ESD STM 5.5.1-2016
- HMM option meets ANSI/ESD SP5.6-2009
- HBM option meets ANSI/ESDA/JEDEC JS-001-2017
- MM option meets ANSI/ESDA SP5.2-2019