Technology Consultant, IEEE Fellow
Dr. Pommerenke has been our technical consultant from the founding of ESDEMC Technology. His in-depth knowledge of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) has greatly helped our team in the research and development of many of our products.
- Technical University Berlin, Germany, B.S.E.E, 1989.
- Technical University Berlin, Germany, Ph.D.E.E, 1995.
- Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering 2008-Present
- Associate Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering 2001-2008.
- EMC Research and Test Engineer at Hewlett Packard, Roseville, CA 1996-2001
- Post-Doc at the Technical University Berlin, Germany 1995-1996
- Research Assistant, Institute for High Voltage and Power Eng. Technical University Berlin, Germany 1990-1995
Five Most Relevant Publications
- Ghasr, Mohammad Tayeb, Mohamed A. Abou-Khousa, Sergey Kharkovsky, R. Zoughi, and David Pommerenke. “Portable real-time microwave camera at 24 GHz.” Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, 2012, 60, no. 2, pp. 1114-1125.
- Fallahpour, M., M. Baumgartner, A. Kothari, M.T. Ghasr, D. Pommerenke and R. Zoughi, “Compact Ka-Band One-Port Vector Reflectometer using a Wideband Electronically-Controlled Phase-Shifter,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, October 2012, Vol. 61, no. 10, pp. 2817-2826
- Bishop, J. A.; Pommerenke, D. J.; Chen, G., ‘,A Rapid-Acquisition Electrical Time-Domain Reflectometer for Dynamic Structure Analysis ‘, IEEE Trans. Instrumentation and Measurement, 2011, Vol. 60/2 pp. 655-661,
- Muchaidze, G., Jayong Koo, Qing Cai, Tun Li, Lijun Han, Martwick, A., Kai Wang, Jin Min, Drewniak, J.L., Pommerenke, D., “Susceptibility Scanning as a Failure Analysis Tool for System-Level Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Problems”, IEEE Trans. EMC, May 2008, Vol 50, No. 2, pp.268-276
- Koo, J., Cai, Q.; Muchaidze, G.,Martwick, A., Wang, K.; Pommerenke, D., “Frequency-Domain Measurement Method for the Analysis of ESD Generators and Coupling”, IEEE Trans. EMC, 49/3, August 2007, pp.504-511
- Tianqi Li; Maeshima, J.; Shumiya, H.; Pommerenke, D.J.; Yamada, T.; Araki, K, “An application of utilizing the system-efficient-ESD-design (SEED) concept to analyze an LED protection circuit of a cell phone”, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), 2012 IEEE International Symposium on, August 2012, pp. 346-350
- Khilkevich, V.; Pommerenke, D.; Li Gang; Xu Shuai, “An inductive probe for the measurement of common mode currents on differential traces”, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), 2012 IEEE International Symposium on, 2012, pp. 720-724
- Jianmin Zhang; Drewniak, J.L.; Pommerenke, D.J.; DuBroff, R.E.; Zhiping Yang; Wheling Cheng; Fisher, J.; Camerlo, S.; “Signal link-path characterization up to 20 GHz based on a stripline structure”, IEEE Int. Symp. on EMC, 2006 14-18 Aug. Vol. 2, pp.356-361
- Bhargava, A.; Pommerenke, D.; Kam, K.W.; Centola, F.; Cheng Wei Lam; , “DC-DC Buck Converter EMI Reduction Using PCB Layout Modification,” Electromagnetic Compatibility, IEEE Transactions on , Vol.53, no.3, pp.806-813, Aug. 2011
- Abou-Khousa, M.A.; Ghasr, M.T.; Kharkovsky, S.; Pommerenke, D.; Zoughi, R.; , “Modulated Elliptical Slot Antenna for Electric Field Mapping and Microwave Imaging,” Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on , Vol.59, no.3, March 2011, pp.733-741
- US-representative to IEC TC77b
- Member IEEE EMC Society, TC-9, Computational Electromagnetics
- Editorial Board, EOS/ESD Symposium on EMC (1996 – 2000)
- Editorial Board European EMC-2002
- Member IEEE, Electromagnetic Compatibility and Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation society
Collaborators & Other Affiliations
Collaborators and Co-Editors
- Daryl Beetner, James L. Drewniak, Richard E. DuBroff, and David Pommerenke, members of the Electromagnetic Compatibility Laboratory at the Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Bruce Archambeault, Distinguished Engineer, IBM, TRP, NC;
- Brice Achkir, Distinguished Engineer, Cisco, San Jose, CA;
Graduate Advisors and Postdoctoral Sponsors
- Masters: Prof. Dr.-Ing Wilfried Kalkner.
- Doctoral: Prof. Dr.-Ing W. Wilfried Kalkner.